Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Reflection, Week two

This week I learned felt like an actual employee of the shop. I learned more in depth about the filing system, and how they keep the floor updated. I learned how difficult it is to keep track of everyones bikes that are brought in for tune ups. I learned how to organize the bikes in the racks, and make them easier for costumers to find. I learned what goes into selling a used bike to someone who has pretty specific wants and needs.    
I also learned about how to re stock the storage shelves, and re do the display shelves. I also learned about how to communicate with the public, and help promote the shop. I learned what goes into checking used bikes for re selling, and making sure they are safe. I also learned about being a salesperson. I had to help sell helmets and other various parts to people during the used bike swap.
I enjoy what I have been doing a lot. I feel very much at home in the shop around all the bikes. I like keeping the bikes organized, and the shelves stocked. I think I am asked to do the things I do because it is somewhat easy, and they other guys in the shop don’t need to spend much time teaching me how to do those things. I was surprised by the way I communicated with people during the bike swap, and how I felt like I was helping people even though I didn’t know all that much about it. I think I have become more confident about my knowledge around bikes and in communicating with costumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment